Monday, June 17, 2013

Woody Wilder, Video #4, Chalk REDO


Chalking it up from Woody Wilder on Vimeo.
This exercise truly showed me how much easier it is to edit good video, and audio for that matter. It made me realize that the struggles editing most likely are from the footage you have to work with. It made me appreciate great quality in video and from now on I need to focus on getting video quality like this. For editing, it definitely feel like I'm getting much better. Finally getting used to using the shortcuts which is saving valuable time. This exercise also taught me a lesson in bringing down only audio or only video when editing. My first draft had too much natural sound and, ironically, didn't sound natural. At that moment I remember telling myself, "I'm stuck, I can only use her on camera for 10 seconds or less, how do I get more of her audio." Up until this point, it never dawned on me to use only the audio from her interview and use it with the other shots. It seems so foolish looking back, but that made the exercise much easier. UPDATED: 6-19-13

Chalking It Up v.2 from Woody Wilder on Vimeo.

I took the feedback you gave me during the one on one critiquing session and completely reworked the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment