Friday, June 14, 2013

Woody Wilder, Video #3, Sweet Sequence

Cupcakes in grad school? from Woody Wilder on Vimeo.

To be honest, the video came out better than I expected it would. I was happier with the part with Sean more so than the one with Rafael. It was definitely a learning experience. It felt like a baptism by fire. Going forward in shots like this, I need to be less spastic. While shooting, I felt like I was just running around everywhere instead of keeping calm and focusing on getting good shots. I also broke some rules and panned/zoomed a bit. While editing, I was having trouble making our cuts look like they were in synch. I had some good footage edited and ready to export when I noticed that there were different toppings on the cupcake or Rafael used a different hand to reach for something. I'm happy that I caught those little things while editing. Overall though, I thought it was a fun experiment. It was stressful with everyone being around and so many moving parts. Nevertheless, it was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment