When I found out about our out of class assignment to the Newseum I immediately wanted to go right away, I love museums and learning about history. After being in the museum for a little over four hours I still did not get to cover everything. This experience definitely made me fall in love with journalism all over again from the many exhibits, pictures, and short videos that we were able to watch. I would have to say my favorite exhibition was JFK. Even though I was not alive during that time period it was so fascinating to see how the media covered JFK and his family. Watching the footage of his assassination and seeing some of the last pictures taken of him gave me the chills. I also really enjoyed the Meet the Press session with Betsy Fischer. I loved all of the inside scoop she gave on how the show operates each week and the various guest they have. She gave a lot of good advice for up-and-coming journalist that I will indeed follow. Overall, this was a great experience and I am glad that I had the opportunity to go and learn more about journalism.
 |
The front door of Martin Luther King Jr.'s jail cell where he wrote "Letter from Birmingham Jail"
|
 |
| From the First Amendment Exhibit a protester holds up a sign. |
 |
Bill Biggart's equipment that was found. Biggart died on 9/11 doing what he loved the most.
|
 |
One of the first video camera models.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment