Monday, June 17, 2013

Justine McDaniel, Video 4, Chalk


Talking through Chalking from Justine McDaniel on Vimeo.

This was a great exercise because we had good footage to work with and could focus on the editing. This helped me think about the kinds of different shots you need to get, and I think it will help me the next time I go to shoot something. Now that I know what it is like to edit video while having enough shots and a wide variety of shots, it will be easier for me to remember what shots to aim for. At the same time, it presented more of a challenge editing because I felt like it had so much potential to be good that I really wanted to make it perfect. It was great practice using different tracks of audio and video. I am getting really comfortable with Premiere. It was also good practice with choosing what bites and shots to use; my original edit was about 1:30 so I had to cut it down and really decide what parts I wanted to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment