Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dani Thompson, Audio #2, Lifeguard John Laukhart



Tryin' to save lives poolside. John Laukhart spends his summer days as a lifeguard at the Tidewater Colony community swimming pool in Annapolis, Maryland. Interview by Dani Thompson, recorded June 5th, 2013.

Reflection: I did my first interview with John over the past weekend and was horrified to find that there was some very noisy wind in the background. I spent a lot of time trying to edit the sound with noise canceling and adaptive noise reduction in Audition, but nothing seemed to help. Frustrated, I went back to the pool and re-interviewed John at about 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The second time I made sure to block any wind from the recorder and I the audio came out much better. In the end it was worth it!

After completing the soundscape on Tuesday, I felt much more confident that I could work with Audition and I think I did an alright job fading in and out of the cuts I made to our five minute conversation. I wish the interview was a little more intriguing but none the less I learned a lot about editing and how SLOWING DOWN my questions next time will make for an easier edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment