Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tamieka Briscoe - Photo #2 - Maxine Brothers

Maxine Brothers, doesn't let MS stop her from doing her daily tasks such as babysitting and styling hair at her home in District Heights, Md on June 3, 2013.

Reflection: With this photo, I was able to capture Maxine real time. She is weary but optimistic. From a photography standpoint, I wanted to make her comfortable in her home, so I took the photo in the same spot we conducted the interview. She was not asked to move or pose, I simply asked if I could take her photo after the interview. I had to lighten the picture in Photoshop and crop out my camera equipment that was in the shot. Next time, I will make sure my equipment is out of sight.



Maxine Brothers, spends time at home taking care of her cousins in District Heights, Md on June 3, 2013.
Reflection: I learned that bad lighting and white walls are never a good combination. I plan to reshoot this and do better. This time I will make sure to use better focus and different poses.



Maxine Brothers, discusses how MS is not an excuse to give up on life. District Heights, Md. June 3, 2013

Reflection: I should have asked her to pose and capture her doing more activities. She had a compelling interview and she was full of life. She was positive despite her condition, these photos did her no justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment