Friday, June 14, 2013
Megan Brockett, Video #4, Chalk (UPDATED)
Chalking with Liz Lane from Megan Brockett on Vimeo.
Reflection: This assignment really helped me put everything I learned from the Premiere tutorial to use and practice editing. I liked figuring out what the most effective way to arrange the clips was, and what combination of clips and soundbites told the best story. I played around with the footage a lot and tried to open with a bite that would draw in the viewer and then ones that would introduce the subject and let her tell us more about the action. I tried to keep in mind the idea of leaving a trail of gold coins for the viewer. I tried to pick an ending clip that would provide closure, so I chose one of Liz putting the chalk away and closing the bag.
The raw footage also taught me how much easier your life as an editor is when you have really quality clips to choose from. I think the biggest thing it reinforced was the Al Tompkins commandment that stresses holding shots for at least 10 seconds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment