Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Amirah Al Idrus, Audio #2, Interview with James



My biggest challenge was editing my 3:30 recording to one minute. I am still four seconds over. He explained a topic that is not widely known, and so needed a lot of time to explain the basis of his project (Metastasis? Endoscopes? Urethras?) I had to cut a lot of it out, which I am not too happy about.  Initially, it was just ums and ahs, but later, I had to reduce the audio to the most important points. I tried to use fade in/fade out to smooth over abrupt transitions/cuts from the audio, but I don't think it is seamless.

For next time:

I will try to keep the original audio length as close as possible to the time limit so I won't have to make hard decisions of what to cut out and what to keep to preserve the integrity of the interview.

I will try to have a clearer focus and/or transition for my questions. One minute explaining one concept thoroughly is better than one minute jumping from concept to concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment