Wait, who is playing quarterback on Sunday? from Woody Wilder on Vimeo.
I ended up learning some valuable lessons on this assignment. Most notably, always ask the name of who you are recording. Secondly, I "interrupted" the speaker too often. I always asked for the subjects for the answer and why in the same breath. For whatever reason, I was only able to find one or two of the interviews I took who didn't pause after giving the answer. So, I had to interject and ask them why. Moving forward, I need to figure out a better way to pose the questions, or as Bethany said in class today, perfect the "dumb dog" look.Overall though, I had really enjoyed this. I was rejected on numerous occasions, but I found out most people were eager to get in front of the camera. On a few of the interviews, I was not in the best of focus or cut off too much of their head. This wasted two or three good interviews that I could have used. Luckily, I had filmed seven or eight interviews so I had backups.
The inspiration behind the question was simple: my brother asked me it over the weekend. I brought it back to Maryland and people really enjoyed answering it. It's such a random question, that even those who know very little about football--perhaps only just knowing what a quarterback is--seemingly enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment