Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Justine McDaniel, Video 2, Music Man Morton
Music Man Morton from Justine McDaniel on Vimeo.
I had a hard time finding a subject for this interview and hit about five dead ends before I found Morton, but I was glad because he turned out to be a great subject. We had a good interview and I ended up with more sound bites than I needed, so it was fun to piece this together. I used all the lessons I learned in the last audio assignments and I am much more satisfied with how my audio turned out this time. I wish I had taken a wider variety of photos, though. As soon as I got to the computer and opened my files I started thinking of different types of shots I wished I had gotten, but I know that will help me for next time. One of the most important lessons I'm learning is to take my time when I need to. It's easy to get caught up in being fast-paced and miss something you need to do, or forget that you are in control of your camera. I know when I took the MOS videos, at first I was afraid to adjust the camera after my subject sat down because I didn't want to waste their time, but it is obviously extremely important to take those few seconds to do so. I'm used to doing this in interviews (asking the subject to pause for a moment so I can write something down, for example) but not with technology/equipment. Giving myself permission to take a moment to think and adjust to what's happening will be something I'll focus on next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment