Monday, June 3, 2013

Mike Kettelberger - Photo #2 - Erika Joab

Photo Assignment 2


University of Maryland Women's Soccer Team Member Erika Joab poses with her soccer ball outside of her apartment in College Park.

After editing these photos, I realized the importance of paying attention to the background and surrounding. I failed to notice the light pole in the background and the keys in the foreground while taking these shots. 


UMD Women's Soccer player Erika Joab juggling her soccer ball outside of the Leonardtown Apartments.

This picture was set up a lot better, in my opinion. The background is not distracting and there are no background or foreground objects interfering with the subject of the photo. 


Closeup of UMD Women's Soccer player Erika Joab. 

I really like the way this closeup picture came out and how it captures the expression of Erika's. 


Reflection
After looking at these photos on the computer and going through the editing process, I realized several things. First, it is definitely important to pay attention to what is going on in the background and four corners of your shot. If it is possible to put the shot in a better locations, with less interference, than it should be done. I also realized that it is a lot better to take your time and set yourself up for a good shot, than rushing through the shoot, taking a bunch of pictures, and hoping that there are a few that came out well. 



1 comment:

  1. I like the way Erika's face serves as the boundary between the brick building and the trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete