Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Woody Wilder, Audio #1, Farmers Market

Reflection: All things considered, I like the way this soundscape turned out. I learned a lesson the hard way--always bring headphones! My first attempt at capturing sound went rather poorly. That is not to say that all the audio was worthless, but a lot had wind noises, annoying background music, and other things out of my control that really disrupted the sounds I was trying to capture. Luckily, the farmers market takes place every Wednesday so I was able to go back and capture a few sounds (with headphones!) being conscious of these things. Obviously at a farmers market, there is going to be dialogue between buyer and seller. I tried to capture that because that relationship is the main focal point of the market. Standing alone, fruit don't make sound--but buying a piece of fruit does. After compiling all of the sounds, I decided to focus on a mix of dialogue and the process of buying an apple. As far as editing, I'm not quite fluent yet in Audition, but it definitely wasn't as complicated as I had envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment