Lyle Reads a Book! from Hyon-Young Kim on Vimeo.
Reflection: It was nice going outside to shoot more video, especially with the beautiful weather. Sequences definitely are challenging. Again, Bethany's demonstration was very helpful in giving me ideas of what angles to shoot from plus reminding me not to break the 180 degree rule. I felt, however, that this sequence lacked enough super tight shots. I tried to pay attention to framing and lighting, particularly so because the sunlight was very strong. This assignment was useful in emphasizing the importance of capturing reaction as well as action--but after reading the same book and hearing about trains multiple times, the reaction became increasingly difficult to capture. Despite this, I tried to pace my clips better than in the previous assignment. Additionally, I used the audio recorder but could not use any of the recordings--the audio from the camera was of much better quality. I tried to adjust the volume levels so that the volume was mostly the same throughout the video. Overall, this was a fun assignment and good practice for sequencing.
No comments:
Post a Comment