Thursday, June 6, 2013
Megan Brockett, Audio #1, Employee softball
Reflection: When I set out to do my soundscape, I tried to think of places or subjects that would produce a lot of unique and distinguishable noises. I initially hoped to try Nationals Park, but I noticed a group of men playing softball as I was leaving campus one day last week, and thought using their game as my soundscape might work better.
I left my recorder running on a garbage can directly behind the backstop of the field while I walked around and took photos, and in retrospect, I wish I had moved it around with me to capture different sounds from other angles.
Leaving it running the whole time also gave me a lot of audio to work with and a lot to cut down. What I wanted to focus on with my edits was capturing the spirit of the practice. I wanted it to showcase the humor of the players and how much they seemed to be enjoying what they were doing, so I aimed to make my soundscape chatter-filled and light. I tried to piece it together as best I could to tell the story of what I witnessed on the field.
I played around in Audition a lot trying make the cuts and transitions seamless, but they didn't come out as clean as I hoped. It's definitely an area I hope to learn more about and improve in, in addition to getting better at constructing a cleaner sounding ending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment