Thursday, June 13, 2013

Video 1: Man on the Street Interview Assignment from Amanda Salvucci on Vimeo.

The first MOS I had to edit in Premiere so that she wasn't dead center. I had framed her in the shot before she started talking, but halfway through my interview, she started moving around and moved to the dead center of the screen. I ended up being able to fix in in Premiere, but next time I should definitely pay more attention to if my subject is moving and adjust the frame accordingly. I could also interview my subjects sitting down, so that way they are less likely to move. All of my audio came out really murky. The worst was in the second MOS shown. Half of her answer I couldn't even use because my mic picked up the noise of buses and cars driving by, rather than her voice. I included four of my MOSes because I realized after that I didn't have any men, and I wanted to include some diversity. I also thought that the last answer was one of the better ones. However, I realized afterwards that he was out of focus. He should also be a little more to the left, so he is slightly off center. Technically, this one is the weakest out of the four. Other than the audio issues, I really liked using the DSLRs for video. I've only shot with the big broadcast cameras before, so I really liked how lightweight and portable the DSLR was. I also really liked the depth of field that the DSLR had and the quality of the video surprised my (although it did get a little compressed whenI uploaded it to Vimeo).

No comments:

Post a Comment