Photos from the National History Day contest, on display in the Stamp Student Union from June 9 - 13.
Audio is from an interview done with Trevor Carter, who is the New Mexico State Coordinator for National History Day.
Reflection
To be completely honest, I am not very happy with how this project turned out. The audio that came out of my interview with Ms. Carter was less than ideal. She was able to provide me with a lot of information, but no solid audio clips. The pictures I think cam out as best as they could, but once I put them into the slideshow I realized they were also less than ideal. I was able to enter the exhibit before it was open to the public to take pictures of the actual project. The issue I ran into was that the project were able to be up to six feet tall, and a lot of them were. With limited space to move back, I had to take vertical pictures to fit the whole project, which did not translate well into my slideshow. It was also very bright in the ball room, which I was not particularly excited about. Once the exhibit was open to the public, there were not a ton of people so some of the shots I wanted to get were just not possible.
Overall, this was a good learning experience. I was able to gain more experience with Premiere, which was a good thing. More importantly, I learned that you have to find ways to make you shots work. If you know they need to be in a particular format then you have to find ways to make the shots fit to it. These are more things I am learning that I need to be aware of when out in the field.
No comments:
Post a Comment