Monday, June 3, 2013

Nicole Jones, Photo #2, Barrett Klein

Barrett Klein takes a break in front of the Cosmic Galaxy Egg at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, Md., on June 2, 2013. 
 I love this portrait because it shows how enthusiastic Barrett is about art.  The outdoor exhibits happened to be one of his favorite exhibits so I thought this would be perfect.  It was kind of hard because the sun was not out Sunday and it started to rain.  In this photo I shot in portrait mode, which turned out really well for me.  I used the vibrance and brightness/contrast tool to lighten the picture up because it was so dark.  I also used the burn tool to help with the reflection from the egg.  
Barrett Klein studies the outdoor exhibits at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, Md., on Sunday. 
 I cropped this picture some to give the audience a feel for just how tall Barrett was to the object.  When I used the auto tool in the levels it really made a difference by bringing out the object more.  Because it was so cloudy I should have experimented more with the flash to help with the lighting.
Barrett enjoys his 2nd trip back to the American Visionary Art Museum since 2008 in Baltimore, Md., Sunday evening. 
This last photo is a happy close-up of Barrett.  He was very excited to be at the museum, and passionate about art and I thought it was important to capture that.  I used the sharpen tool a little as well as the color balance.  

This was a very fun assignment I enjoyed going to the museum and seeing the different exhibits inside and out.  Museum rules would not allow me to take pictures on the inside, so I tried to capture a lot at the outside exhibits.  With this being the second assignment I was more comfortable taking pictures in front of people.  When I saw Barrett I knew he would be the perfect person to interview because I could tell from a distance that he really was enjoying the museum.  I felt kind of rushed doing the interview because as soon as I started the storm came.   Two things that I really need to work on are getting my pictures in focus and taking more pictures than needed.  When I got home I wished that I had more pictures because a lot of my pictures were out of focus.  Overall, this was a great assignment and I learned a lot that will prepare me for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment