Card Sequence with David from Hyon-Young Kim on Vimeo.
Reflection: This sequence went much more smoothly than the cupcake sweet sequence with Rafael and Sean. I was able to plan what kind of shots I needed, but I think I took too long with each shot. I probably took the 10-second rule a little too far. Despite this, I'm satisfied that I got tight shots and a wide shot, which definitely make the sequence better. Initially, when we started shooting, we didn't turn the lights on--as a result, some of my shots are darker than the others. I learned that I have to lay the camera on a stable surface and not hold it midair without any foundation. I am glad I tried out different angles, like behind David. Plus, Bethany's demonstration of shooting a sequence and getting a variety of shots was extremely helpful. One thing I really should keep in mind is the Rule of Thirds; I find myself forgetting to apply this in the middle of shooting. I focus on capturing the action, but not on how I capture it. Also, I have to remember to get some shots of David himself--I had many shots of his hands, but not enough of David himself to balance them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment