Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hyon-Young Kim, Video #1, Social Media

Social Media Madness from Hyon-Young Kim on Vimeo.

I enjoyed this assignment because I felt much more comfortable and confident in asking people passing by for a brief interview. I chose to go to a college campus (Montgomery College) because I thought that there would be many people there for me to ask. However, I went there only to find out that the school was closed; as a result, there were very few people. I decided to stay and try to grab any person who happened to walk by. The rain was unpredictable that day, so the interviews took me several hours. Every time I set up my camera, it started to rain again, so I had to retreat inside a building and wait for the rain to stop. Finally, the sun came out, but then the sunlight was too bright. I set up my camera in a shaded area. I'm glad I set up the equipment well before asking anyone for an interview because I didn't have to waste their time trying to adjust the camera. I was rejected a fair number of times before someone finally agreed, but I think that it was a good experience for me to hear someone say "no" and to move on to another person. One person I interviewed told me her full name, but only spelled out her first name--a good lesson for me to pay attention in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment