Thursday, June 13, 2013

Video 2, Soundslide

Video 1: Man on the Street Interview Assignment from Amanda Salvucci on Vimeo.

I did my soundslide on the Maryland Food Collective, after I happened to walk by it and wondered what it was. I interviewed Mary Schulte, a 22-year-old worker and owner at the store. The music in the store was really loud and I asked if we could go somewhere quieter, but she had to stay in the store to run it. I asked if she could turn the music off instead, and she ended up lowering it for me. My interview picked up some of the music in the background, but it's not super distracting and give the piece some nat sound. Taking pictures inside has always been difficult for me, so that was another challenge I faced. The camera I'm using doesn't help, as any pictures I take inside have been coming out really grainy. I've been using ISO 400, which really isn't that high, so I'm not sure why this is happening. This was problem my major problem with shooting this piece. Another issue that I had was the lighting. It was indoors with really ugly florescent lighting which provided a challenge for taking photos.

1 comment: