Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Lyle Kendrick, Video #2, Marchone's
I finished up watching "The Sopranos" last weekend and one thing that really struck me about the show was how richly it portrays Italian food. So I began a hunt for a nearby place I could get a good Italian sub and this spot in Wheaton was raved about online. I popped into the store and the owner was there and glad to talk to me.
The shop was fantastic but the lighting wasn't great at all. There was a whole set of bandmates making noise- from the loud-mouthed air conditioner to the incessantly groaning refrigerator. Mr. Leo, the gentleman who owns the store, took me to the quietest spot but the sound still was attacking the recorder. Outside wasn't an option because of a town-wide festival going on. I made due and hit the editing process Sunday to see if I could salvage anything. I weaved through three types of noise canceling until I used the capture noise print option and played with the noise from there.
I'm continuing to learn just how sensitive the recorder can be but also how effective a program Audio Audition is. My audio may not sound like much, but compared to what it was, it's like the "Later" column in a SlimFast ad. Moving forward, I'm developing a stronger sense for how life during the editing process is very much affected by the sound gathering process.
I really enjoyed this assignment. I was tempted to title the slideshow "Take the Cannoli" but opted against it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment