Thursday, June 13, 2013

Megan Brockett, Video #2, Sara Demetrides,

Sara Demetrides, educator at College Park Aviation Museum from Megan Brockett on Vimeo.

Reflection: I like how this project has a more in-depth feel to it. It was the project where I got to know my subject best, and I learned a lot from listening to what she had to say.

When I was putting the project together, I wanted to tell the story of Sara through the workshop that she was putting on. She gave me a lot of factual and historical background about planes and the museum, and a lot of it was really interesting. But I knew the story should be about her and not about the type of information you can get by visiting where she works.

My favorite soundbite is toward the end of the clip where Sara talks about why she believes history is so important -- you can hear the excitement and passion in her voice. I considered moving this bite up to the beginning, but I ultimately decided the earlier clips did a better job setting up the story and that this one did a better job of wrapping it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment