Monday, June 17, 2013
Megan Brockett, Video #3, Sweet Sequence
Sweet Sequence - Cupcake Contest from Megan Brockett on Vimeo.
Reflection: This assignment was helpful in a different way for me than the others in that it highlighted a lot of things not to do while filming. The biggest lesson I took away is the importance of holding shots for at least 10 seconds, and not zooming in and out constantly or moving the camera everywhere there is action happening.
It also taught me the importance of composing shots beforehand. I made the mistake of recording for almost the whole time, and I had a lot of material to sift through while editing as a result. The next time I have an assignment like this one, I think I'll be more prepared to take a breath and focus on capturing what I need shot by shot, rather than worrying about trying to get everything at once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment