Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hyon-Young Kim, Video #2, Taste of Wheaton

Taste of Wheaton from Hyon-Young Kim on Vimeo.

I went to the Taste of Wheaton, a festival featuring local restaurants and businesses, on Sunday, June 9, 2013. I thought that I would be able to meet many interesting and diverse people at this event, but I wasn't fully prepared for the considerable noise that dominated the scene. As a result, my audio leaves much to be desired. I met a man named Stefano Middei, who owns an olive oil business, and interviewed him in the middle of the chaos inside the tent where many businesses set up their stalls. I should have considered the effect of the noise on my audio recorder; the sound bites I have of Stefano are poorly collected audio. I walked around for a while, looking for people to interview, and talked to someone who came to the event to participate in the wine tasting. Aika Tanda granted me an interview in her car, so there was no distracting background noise, but her voice is clearly very quiet. I turned up the volume for her sound bite on Audition to the maximum level, but it still came out very small. Overall, I enjoyed working with Premiere Pro, thanks in part to the Lynda tutorials, which made things easier to understand. Despite the poor audio, I enjoyed the event and took many photos this time so that I would have a variety of pictures to choose from. The audio that I collected consisted of basically what I heard and experienced firsthand: people talking, live music. I used the live music as the background to this slideshow because it provides a feeling of physically being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment