Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Megan Brockett, Video #1, Affirmative action




Reflection: I really enjoyed going out on campus and hearing people's thoughts on this topic, and was surprised to find how willing most people were to talk to me about it.

I was assigned an article for The Diamondback last week that was somewhat related to affirmative action, so I thought going out and asking people their opinions on the topic could help me write the story.

It was definitely a learning process. I interviewed roughly 10 people that day, but I found out later that some of the videos were unusable for different reasons. A couple were out of focus, which I hadn't noticed while shooting but could clearly tell watching them on the computer screen. That made me realize how important it is to take your time setting up the shot, making sure that everything really looks OK.

Another thing that I learned is to be conscious of people wearing sunglasses and the images that might be reflected in them. I had two interviews that were unusable because you could clearly see me and the camera in the reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment