Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Amirah Al Idrus, Audio #1, In Transit
When I recorded the audio, I didn't use headphones. I tried again, but realized that I couldn't help much of the background noise. I realized that the background noise was characteristic of the place, so I tried to use it to my advantage (for example, the buzz of conversation and music at a cafe in the station). I used different headphones and my laptop speaker to listen to the sounds and they sounded less terrible, so I really hope it was my one particular pair that was giving me grief.
I tried to arrange the sounds to express a journey. I used sounds I recorded on the train as well as at the station.
I am happy that I tried the challenge of photographing and recording a busy place, with busy people. I was intimidated, though.
Next time, I hope to capture more sounds and cleaner sounds. I will choose an environment with less background noise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment