Thursday, July 4, 2013
Woody Wilder, Final Project, Foolish Life
Making Sense Of A Foolish Life from Woody Wilder on Vimeo.
I'll preface by saying I'm quite happy with how far I've come in shooting, editing and the likes. It's remarkable how much I learned in such a short amount of time. With that said though, there is definitely room for improvement.
I guess I'll start with the positive takeaways from my video. Absolutely loved the character and being able to develop a friendship with him was awesome. Huge part as to why I love journalism, but I digress. I was really happy with the quality of my B-roll, but in the same breath I wish I had gotten more. I'm starting to get really comfortable with Premier now which is great going forward. I was able to get creative, like the light saber opening. I love being able to get creative and I try, sometimes to a fault, use as much original, quirky things like that in my pieces.
The more I watch it though, the more I see where I have areas to improve. I think my focus could have been a little sharper. Looking at it now, perhaps it's just me, but it seems as if I was all over the place in terms story progression--light saber, cerebral palsy, Capitol Hill, Bible, Star Wars, death bed, light saber. I think it worked, but probably would have been more appropriate as a longer piece. As we've discussed, I had some framing issues in my interview shots. Like I said earlier, I could have used more B-roll. I think that was my strongest area in this project, but there is a fair bit of him on the screen which brings to light the bad framing.
Overall, I'm pleased with it. I know there's room to improve, but I'm eager to start this next semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment