Monday, July 8, 2013
Tamieka Briscoe, Final Project, Life After Active Duty
SGT. Nathan McClain is at a crossroads about whether to pursue his dream of degree completion or to take a job due to financial worries after completing 15 years of active duty military service in June 2013.
Reflection: I definitely learned a lot from this project. In the area of shooting, I learned to be conscious of my surroundings. In terms of shooting outside, it is best to have a microphone. I really practiced with getting my subject in focus, and it worked well the in the last shoot. My subject caught strep throat so I was unable to re-shoot footage as I anticipated, so he sent me some still photos and I was able to incorporate them into the project. This taught me to prepare and plan for the inevitable. Overall, I am happy with my progress. I am not a natural when it comes to shooting and editing, but I am determined to learn. I am so glad that I was able to take this course to learn skills that I intend to use as I create professional documentary films.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment