I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Newseum on June 15, 2013. In addition to having the opportunity to sit in on an interview with Betsy Fischer Martin, Executive Producer of Meet the Press, I was also able to see exhibits that made me reflect on the difficulties in the field of Journalism. The exhibits included powerful images of some of the most historic headlines in history. Here are a few of my favorite photos that I took during the trip.

After the interview, I had an opportunity to introduce myself to Betsy Fischer Martin and thank her for sharing the information about opportunities for women in journalism.

This was one of the first photos that I took. It reminded me of how many resources are used by news stations to get to the site of the story and provide live reporting.

This was one of several quotes, etched in the walls throughout the Newseum. They were powerful reminders of why a journalist's job is so important.

The JFK exhibit was definitely one of the most emotional exhibits. While photos were prohibited within the exhibit, I will never forget how solemn the mood was as viewers had the opportunity to read about the life and death of President Kennedy.

The most memorable exhibit for me was the Sept. 11th exhibit. I captured some of the headlines that all Americans remember, I also made sure the American flag was in the photo as it represents a bond all Americans felt due to the shock and horror of the events. I was deeply moved by a video presentation of how journalists felt about covering 9/11. Famous reporters admitted that they were crying during those interviews. It reminded me of the humanity in the profession of Journalism, despite having to separate self from events.
This was an amazing opportunity, I am so thankful to have been able to visit the Newseum, it makes me so proud to be entering a very important field.
No comments:
Post a Comment