Monday, July 8, 2013

Mike Kettelberger - Final Project - Durke Phillips Storytelling


A Slice of Storytelling with Durke Phillips from Mike Kettelberger on Vimeo.

One, very important, lesson that I learned from this project is to have not only a plan B, but a plan C, in place and ready to go before you start filming plan A. I encountered several issues with the original subject of my project, which ultimately led to me not being able to film with him. That sent me into a frantic search to find a new subject and finish my project on time.

In the end, I am quite happy with the product I was able to put forward. There are obviously more shots that I would have like to had, but even in the real world you do not always have the chance to film everything you want. Not unless you have a unlimited time and financial budget.

Golf itself, I think, I a good subject for a video piece because it has a lot of motion and good sound effects.

Overall, I was happy that I was able to edit together a video clip of a decent length, using my own footage that I was proud to call mine. Looking back over the videos we made earlier in the semester, my filming and editing skills have come along well, in my opinion, and I am looking forward to continuing to improve upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment