Sunday, July 7, 2013
Dani Thompson, Final Project, Pearlstone Center Farm
The new old-fashioned way: Jewish faming and sustainability from Danielle Thompson on Vimeo.
One goal I have set for my year at UMD is to leave with a portfolio of work that I would be proud to show to a potential employer.
Although I am sure I will look back on this video in one year and cringe at things I don't even notice now...I am proud that I was able to put together this video after only three weeks of video experience.
My favorite parts of this video are the sequences and the moments I was able to capture.
As I went though the raw footage, I made a sequence called "moments" and I basically framed the interview with Josh so that each of these moments could be included in the finished product. The high-five between Naomi and J-Chat, Abby's smile when she kisses a bundle of kale and laughs, Connor searching for cucumbers in a bucket and laughing...the list goes on.
As for sequencing, I made sure to talk with people and continually change the focus of my shot. Many of the apprentices were comfortable with this since I maintained a conversation and encouraged them to continue their work while I interviewed them.
There are still things I can work on in the future...making sure there is no pronounced audio in the background of my interview, finding an interview spot which does not backlight the subject, and being bore cautious when taking the camera off of the tripod.
Overall, I am happy with the way this video came out and I am looking forward to building my video and editing skills even farther.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment