Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tamieka Briscoe, Photo 1, Trash, Sliced Strawberries and Truck in Motion (Re-shoot included)

Fresh Strawberries from the Market on June 10, 2013






 Reflection: I re-shot the strawberry photo as instructed, this time I got to the table level and zoomed in and used the focus to capture the front strawberry while the remaining strawberries are out of focus.




Properly discarding trash helps to keep the campus clean.


Reflection: With this photo, I learned how to use the focus function on the camera to capture the object I wish to be in the foreground and that when doing so it will blur the background objects. I have seen photos like this in the past and was unsure if there was a special function on the camera or if the objects became blurred in the editing process. It was interesting to discover how simple this process is.

Sliced strawberries are a delicious and refreshing snack during the summer months.

Reflection: I used the techniques discussed in class to capture this image. Using no flash, and manual focus, zooming out with the camera and zooming in by feet, I was able to get several good shots from various angles. I originally had another favorite prepared, but this is a much better picture because it shows my improvement from earlier in the week.

A delivery truck slowly makes its way across the parking lot.

Reflection: I attempted a wide, medium and tight shot of this vehicle. I did so attempting to zoom with my feet. I also see how much the camera picks up. I see the letters on the building in the distance. I was impressed by the capabilities of the camera, and will take that into account in future shoots.




No comments:

Post a Comment