 |
| Grass at Patapso Valley State Park in Ellicott City, MD on May 29, 2013. |
For this close-up photo I was trying to establish a foreground/background shot. This was definitely a challenge when it came to zooming in and focusing on the white object in the front. In Photoshop I used the vibrance and auto tool in the levels.
 |
| Sunlight hitting a cut-down tree trunk at Patapsco Valley State Park in Ellicott City, MD on May 29, 2013. |
This was one of my favorite photos I took, I really liked the way the sun highlighted the tree trunk in the middle of the picture. I thought that since trees are vertical I would take the photo vertically. For this photo I used the brightness/contrast tool to bring out the sunlight and green trees more.
 |
Rock Trail at Patapsco Valley State Park in Ellicott City, MD on May 29, 2013.
|
This last photo is a wide-shot of the trail in the park. I could have done a better job of capturing more of the trail and used the leading lines technique we learned in class. I used the dodge and burning tool to darken and lighten the photo in some areas.
This assignment really helped me learn how to start using the camera to capture compelling photos. I learned that I need to pay more attention to detail, and I need to remember the composition elements we learned in class when shooting. The assignment also took me out of my comfort zone because I was a little hesitant to take pictures in front of people sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment