Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lindsay Simpson, Photo #1, Car leaving for work EDIT




View from the side mirrors as the car backs out of the driveway in College Park on May 29, 2013.
 I was impressed at the clarity of detail my camera could detect through the side mirrors.  I was also trying to use the idea of natural framing by taking advantage of the boundaries made by the mirror itself.  After seeing this picture on screen, it could be better if there was actually an object in my side mirror (a trashcan, mailbox, my roommate's car, etc).  In general, I like this shot, but I would like it better with an actual subject and not just the side of my house!
The passenger's view as the car leaves College Park on May 29, 2013
I was trying to capture different angles and views of my car while also remembering to take a few shots from a portrait setting.  I am struggling to get the settings on my camera sorted out so that there is enough lighting, etc.  However, my favorite manipulation is to focus on one area of the shot while the background (or foreground) remains out of focus.  I also wish I had been able to grab this without the side of the steering wheel in the shot.

Recording the sounds of the car leaving in the morning in College Park on May 29, 2013

This was my second attempt at a wide shot.  Again, I like to manipulate the focus to blur the background and show depth.  This wide shot is a better representation of my soundscape car project.  After reading multiple tutorials online I was finally able to adjust the settings on my camera and am very pleased with the second round of shots I was able to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment